Friday, October 2, 2009

World Cardmaking Day Preview


Saturday is a day that celebrates the card maker in all of us. There are many sites that are blog challenging, check them out!

This card is made for 2 sites. The sketch challenge came from Twisted Thursday and the stamps are Sherrod Studio- Harvest Blessings. I have struggled with images that require coloring in, but broke down and bought a cheaper version of Copic Markers, called NeoPiko. I like them. But, still learning the coloring in, blending in and erasing too much color. I like how this card turned out. I stamped in Walnut Distressing Ink (Tim Holtz) and colored away. I wanted the turkey to stand out more, he has more color. The pilgrims, used grey to color in the aprons, but the rest of the clothes I left plain. Too much color becomes too busy. The twine is part of the S2G twist (use raffia or twine on your card).

I am very excited about tomorrow! I think I am going to find alot of inspiration and put my creative juices to work!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing the Twisted Thursday challenge. Hope to see you again next week!

Debbie said...

Love your Thanksgiving cards. Your images are wonderful! Thanks for playing with us over at shirley's2girls Twisted Thursday!

Justine said...

This is so fun, love that you have two images!! Your coloring is beautiful. Appreciate you coming out to play with us again. Look forward to seeing your take on this week's sketch

Jaspere said...

This turned out great. You made the sketch seem easy... Of course it makes me want a turkey sandwich and some pumpkin pie.