Saturday, October 24, 2009

Falling Leaves

Wow, can you believe that October is over already? We haven't even done our annual fall hike, with all of this yucky rain that we have had- who wants to hike in mud??? So, when all else fails for current photos, I went to my file of unscrapped pictures that were waiting for me to get my grove on and scrap. Found this photo from last year and went to town! This sketch completed 4 challenges: unscripted sketch, crafty cardmakers #6- autumn colors, Belli Challenge- autumn or leaf challenge, and gingersnap creations- green, orange and brown colors.

The leaf patterned paper is one I made a few years ago trying my hand at emboss resisting. It took a LOT of work and time and probably will NOT repeat this beautiful technique. First I typed out a poem on my computer, erased all margins and printed in a fun font. Next I stamped in versamark, large leaves in a random pattern. Heat embossed with clear EP. Then I stamped in wonderful fall colors the smaller leaves, acorns, and berries. Lastly, with a sponge and light colored ink, I sponged over all of the "blank" white spaces - which make the large leaves POP.

So, try your hand at this great sketch, I rotated the sketch for my layout to fit, and don't forget to leave a link directly to your PROJECT, not your blog so we can see all of your great ideas!! Unscripted Sketches is waiting for you!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout! I love this!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Your layout is great, I love the subject matter as we also enjoy our fall hikes! Have a great day! Beth

Ali Manning said...

this is a beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

Anonymous said...

Stunning page! I love the way you used the colors! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge!

Caryl P said...

Beautiful work Kelly, I love the paper you created, and kudos for being able to find it!

Sarah said...

IT is a beautiful LO Kelly!! Those leaves are the perfect finishing touch. What a beautiful photo it is showcasing.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful Fall scrapbook layout! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Fern said...

Your photo is beautiful with the fall colors, and so is your layout.. Love the leaf buttons... Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge.. :o)

Holly said...

This is gorgeous! You made that leaf paper??? WOW! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing in our Belli Challenge!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful page...your picture is wonderful and I just love all the fall papers and details!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge this week!!!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous Lay out!! That DP is gorgeous too - and you made it? WOW! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge.

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous Lay out!! That DP is gorgeous too - and you made it? WOW! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge.

Vixykins said...

Love your LO, I love looking at scrapbooks as I never get the time anymore to do any but I can still look :D

Many thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers and good luck x