Thursday, October 22, 2009

2 more for thursday

I wanted to clear off my table so, in order to do so, I pulled out my sketches for this week and used this great paper from MME. This card above is for Lord Have Mercy #64. I love her work! This sketch was easy to work with. In order to get my sentiment onto the paper, I tried an old technique of cutting my saying into strips and adding them hodgepodge onto the card. The tea cup is an OLD DOTS stamp from CTMH, before acrylics! Yikes- picked it up at the thrift store recently! Love using it.
This card is for last fridays sketch over at Friday Sketchers. A bit late in the game, but still made it in! whew! Again, an old DOTS stamp, colored in with prima watercolor pencils and waterbrush. I think I may take all 3 cards and make a great christmas present for my SIL! shhh.....

see you soon!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I really love how you did the words on this dbl mounted like that looks really nice. Thanks for visiting my blog, means a lot to me. Your blog is so pretty, and your work is awesome. Keep up the inspiration!

Unknown said...

these are so fun, kelly!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a wonderful job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy