Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday Challenges


I don't think that I am ready for Hallmark, but I do think that I would rather make a masculine card than pay $4.00 for one! Masculine cards are so hard for me to make! Hubby's b'day is Saturday and I have been struggling with what to make and to give as a gift. He never wants for anything- typical male, as he needs something he just goes and buys it.

This card is for 2 challenges:
Color Throwdown #63- kraft, olive, cocoa and honey

Twisted Thursday #28- use the sketch provided and to use something metal or a metal tag on your card (that's the twist!)

I cut the star out of a metal sheet that I picked up years ago, cut with the Cricut and embossed on the cuttlebug. The leaves were cut, again, with the cricut, the patterned paper is really old Flair and the cardstock is all CTMH.

Off to do some virtual shopping for saturday!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Great masculine card! Love the metal and the DP background!

Debbie said...

Oh Kelly...I love your card. What a great man card. Thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday. And YEA you were the first player this week!

Sarah said...

Wow, you nailed that masculine card Kelly! I LOVE that star.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great guy card! Fab take on the TT sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us!

Joy said...

this is wonderful!! thanks for playing!

Barbara said...

Perfect masculine card!!! I have trouble with masculine cards, too, but I love this one! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Justine said...

This is perfect, what a fantastic job you did of following the actual sketch. Love the embossing on your star, very cool

Anne said...

Fab masculine card, what a great metal tag you've made

Jaspere said...

Job well done if you ask me. I struggle with masculine cards too. Love your take on the sketch this week.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Kelly, this is fabulous!! I love the dark masculine colors, and the swirl and star and perfect touches.