Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 for Tuesday

I actually have the morning off! My afternoon will be filled with cooking, laundry and picking up our 1 dog from the vet (she had her teeth cleaned today...) so I decided to relax, save my energy and make some cards! wahoo!

The above card, all of the elements just worked together. Not on purpose mind you, but in the end, I was surprised at how my brain worked to make it all happen! Used the swiss dots folder and it matches the dots on her dress sleeves. The stitching on the dress, my faux stitching onthe card, the look of stitching with the DP work. The term "sew" ties it all together nicely!
Challenges: Our Creative Corner sketch, Cuttlebug Spot- embossing and monochromatic, and 365 CArds Day #226- use the word "so" on your card: my "sew" is creative!

This card is following the sketch over at Lord Have Mercy. I just found her blog a few weeks ago and am amazed at how beautiful and inspirational her work is. Check it out. I also played along with Cupcake Craft Challenges #60 this week- buttons and stitching. My sewing machine hasn't been used in a bit, so I have ventured into faux stitching. Purchased a lady bug embosser (makes holes for you) and used a white Zig pen, hard to see the white, but I like the subtleness of it. Button on the felt flower finishes off the card. The papers and stamp sentiment are Close To My Heart stock.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh how lovely, I have to get over there and do Mercy's sketch.. Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.

Sarah said...

Both of these are 'sew' beautiful! Love your faux stitching.

Sue Lelli said...

Love how the swiss dots embossing matches the dots on her sleeves! Hoe inspired! BOTH cards are super cute!

Unknown said...

kelly...these are so soft and serene! great colors and clean lines!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Caryn said...

This is fabulous, great take on this week's Cupcake challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Hugs,
Caryn xx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Both cards are fabulous Kelly! I just adore the first card, that image is precious and your second card is just as sweet!

Thanks for playing along with us over at the OCC!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Saskia said...

Lovely work, so sweet!

Saskia :)

Judy said...

Both cards are beautiful!

DonnaMundinger said...

Darling cards! Love how the elements work together. Thanks for joining us at TCS. xxD

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kelly, what a gorgeous card. I love the delicate flower and the papers are so pretty. Love the faux stitching and the layout is fab. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great work. They are both outstanding. Love the soft colors. Really great job on the OCC sketch challenge. So happy you could play along with the OCC this week!

Mrs B said...

You cards are so cute! Thanks for joining us at the OCC this week!
CindyB

Kruemel said...

Love both of your cards and the soft colors - but that patchwork like angel image is just too cute!

Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!

Kathrin aka Kruemel

Gloria Stengel said...

Very pretty. But you must be hanging out with Rose and me too much...you used "sew" and not "so"....I think we are a bad influence! hee hee

Lori Rider said...

What lovely cards - I love them both! Such sweet images and colors. Thanks so much for playing the OCC sketch challenge!

Pop's Cards said...

This is just gorgeous i do love the colours you have used, great job on our theme, thanks for joining us at cupcake, hugs pops x