Friday, October 2, 2009

Are you ready for World Card Making Day?

I have been trying to clean off my scrap table to reenergize myself. The table is chock full of "stuff": ceramic toadstools for my garden, a large tin of buttons to sort through, cards to finish, a basket for an auction to finish, new embellishments waiting to be used.... and the list goes on! So, I sat down at my table over the last few days and tried to use up some older papers that I purchased at the beginning of the summer, some digis that I won or printed off and ended up with these 2 cards.

The first one uses an image from The Fresh Batch site, which I won a few weeks ago. The papers are from Basic Grey and as much as I liked the pack on line, getting it in my hands, well I definitely had buyers remorse. Not happy with the colors at all. So, trying to make cards (or anything with it) is really trying my patience! The sketch helped, it is from Card patterns this week.

The second card is a sketch from CPS last week (yes a bit behind!LOL!). Quite a simple layout, but effective in the message. Basic Grey papers (the pad of papers doesn't seem to be dwindling down....:(

So, this morning I am going to try to make some more cards for tomorrow. I will have some new stuff from Sherrod Studio (check out PCP at 6pm for an online chatter with Kim Sherrod and see what the other team members have created!) Also, I will have some cards for Unscripted Sketches. Busy day tomorrow. Be sure to stop and say hello!


I am also in the final days of giving away some Halloween Blog Candy! See photo on right side to take you to the link to leave me a comment about your favorite Halloween story. Winner drawn on Tuesday!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

whoistracy said...

Kelly these are both so fun! Love those ice cream cones. I know what you mean about buyers remorse. I usually get a small store credit for one of the DTs I'm on and every time I buy these BG pads I regret it as soon as I open them. Ugh- hate that! You should try a little blog garage sale like I'm doing. I'm not making millions but it's nice to get a little something back and know the supplies will go to someone who will use them. [Hopefully! LOL]