Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More Christmas cards....


Tis the season. I think. Blogs are either on halloween, fall, or christmas. Since I am vendoring at a few craft fairs this fall, thought it would be a good idea to work on some Christmas cards to sell.

I was able to complete 3 challenges for this card:
Creative Card Crew #33- babies and children. No better baby to use than the image of Christ here. There really is no other greater love.
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #9 - show a project with Christ's birth or the nativity
The Secret Crafter- to use old stash. This paper was from CTMH winter catalog 2007. I only had a few scraps of the striped left to use up and it worked perfectly. The clip is an old metal embellishment from a contest in 2006 (i think???) and the image is one I have had from CTMH for a few years now and is perfect for my Christmas cards.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC Challenge!
Helen x

peggysue said...

That is a lovely image. I like the way you cornered it, softens it up a bit and isn't it nice when you can figure out a good way to use those precious bits of paper, the striped one? Thanks for playing with us this week in the Stampin' Sisters for Christ challenge. And yes, I agree with your sentiment about the baby image, no greater love . . . thanks for sharing.

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

No greater love is so true! Your card is wonderful. I love the colors, and the soft image.

Thanks for spending tiime with us at SSCC.

Kristine said...

Mmmm, soft and beautiful! :) This is lovely! Thanks for entering it in our challenge at SSCC this week! It's wonderful having you :)