Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Throwdown #2- Sherrod STudio

Our challenge this week was to do an emboss resist. I love these little gingermen from Sherrod Studio! This versatile set is called Fresh Baked. I took a sketch from CPS this week and used that as my starting point. Kris gave me some old Flair christmas paper and I used this great vintage "music" and "holiday words" dp as my background papers. CTMH cranberry cardstock. The raffia ribbon is a prize from a challenge I won and the flowers are Petaloos christmas poinsetta group.

Now onto the gingerbread men. First I stamped the outline of him onto chocolate cardstock and embossed him with white EP. Now, before I cut them out, I used dark brown distressing ink and sponged each one to make them look like overcooked cookies! LOL! Yes, that is probably how they would turn out in my home!! It makes the white EP really stand out! Then I used mini red rhinestones for the eyes, stamped in a sentiment off of the set, attached with a misc button.

Only 2 more months to shop for presents for the holidays! I started my shopping over the weekend and got some great gifts (the best ones are the ones that appear without you having to really look for something!) I even discovered a new warehouse bookstore where I got a great cookbook by William-Sonoma for $10 (yes it is a $30 retail book!) and yes they are all new. Kids got some great stocking stuffers (can't beat $1.00 books!) Can you tell that I am excited by my finds????

Have a great day- Hugs
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mary G. said...

Kelly, love this!!!

Leah said...

Fun card, I love the music sheet paired with the gingerbread, reminds me of when we make cookies and have the Christmas music playing:)

Kim said...

Your card is adorable!

Sue Lelli said...

OMG! This is just too cute! LOVE the sheet music and the cookies look good enough to eat! Great card!

Eveline said...

I like the gingerbread men.
Lovely card.
Eveline.