Thursday, January 14, 2010

week #2 Charisma Cardz Challenge


This weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz pulls double duty. First, create a card using NEW stash and secondly, use this wonderful digi image from Bee Crafty.

When I rec'd "whimsical girl snowman" the other day, I knew exactly what papers I wanted to use to tie it in with. Even though I am so over winter themed cards and put away all of my papers- cosmo cricket's Jolly By Golly line screamed at me!!

Over the holidays, Kristen (my fabo and incredibly talented sister) passed on some scraps of this paper she had rec'd from her stint over at Pursuit of Craftyness. She knows that I like to recycle and to use up scraps of paper - no matter how small (I am lucky in that sense!) So the papers are new to me, the Pompom ribbon was a new roll, and a new tube of liquid applique completed the first part of the NEW challenge. The rest of the card is made using prisma glitter, martha stewart snowflake punch, 1/2 pearls, and markers to color in.

What new stuff do you have sitting around in your craft area that is screaming to be used? Don't forget to link your project (directly, not your blog addie) to the Charisma Cardz site. Try your hand at becoming the Top 3!

The final product is a bit busy for me, not typically my style, but I do love the final look.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Allison said...

lovely card
AllisonX

Leanne said...

I absolutely love what you did with this card - I am always too scared to put brights on christmas cards but u did it fabulously!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kelly :-) I love this image and the papers are just fantastic ! I love the cheerful colours ,, lovely :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Tasha said...

Hi there Kelly, i love your crd , the layout is awesome and ll the fab colours and detail are wonderful. Great image too - love your colouring
love tasha xx

Marcy said...

Great card, Kelly. You did a great job with the coloring...love it!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I so love this card and ythe image is darling! Beth

Sally said...

Your card is sooooo very stunning. I love it and the colors you have used are fantastic.

Simone said...

Such an awesome card!!! Fabulous!
Simone