Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some exciting news for the new year!


I am so excited! I have been chosen to be on the Design Team of a groovy site called Charisma Cardz!! I am so humbled to be part of a team- when you see all of the FABULOUS artwork out in blogland, well you know, it just blows your mind!

So, with that in mind, here is my first card for the first challenge of 2010! It is a color challenge: pink, brown, toffee and cream. LOVE those colors together.

Here are the deets on this card: Bobunny OLD stash. This paper has such a wonderful shimmer to it IRL, the camera just doesn't pick it up. The flower is from my stash, leaves are making memories, buttons and pearls, and the sentiment is a rub on from Flair. Used my fancy schmancy deco scissors to scallop the edges (can't seem to justify the cost of the nesties for the scallops....LOL!)

As part of my new years resolutions, I have decided to stop making just one card and leaving lots of scraps. Now, I am going to make as many cards as I can with the papers in front of me and put them aside for the craft fairs in the late spring. I was able to make 4 cards (5x7 in size) with this paper line and I still have about 5 sheets left to use in the future or to sell. Typically I don't like to mass produce, but I am trying to be more efficient in my time and mostly justify the expense of buying future new goodies because I am USING the old stash!

Have an outstanding week!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card & lovely to have you on board!

Jan xx

Allison said...

lovely card Kelly
AllisonX

Leanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the sentiment!

Welcome to the team!

HUgs
Leanne
xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kelly :-) I love everything about your card ,,, stunning work ! :-)
Congratulations on your DT post :-) very well deserved :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Jeryn Carlisi said...

That's great news Kelly! Congrats on making the DT!!