Saturday, January 30, 2010

A sketch this week


In trying to keep to my resolution this year of doing 2 layouts a month, I have 1 down and 1 to go! Unscripted Sketches is the perfect starting point for helping me get my creative juices flowing. At first, this weeks sketch had me wondering what to do. Once I found my photo, then the papers, it really did just fall into place.

I added faux stitching to the layout using "you have me in stitches" stamp set from Close to My Heart. The yellow brads, chocolate ink, honey ink, and all of the paper (veranda line) are CTMH as well. Misc grosgrain ribbon, wheat leaf diecuts are misc and the Journey chipboard/sticker are Anna Griffin. Martha Stewart punch.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

MrsMomma said...

Gorgeous Layout! I love the wheat die cuts and that Martha Steward boarder punch! It all looks great!

Judy said...

Kelly, this is beautiful! Love how you used the sketch for a simple, but lovely layout.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful LO!!! Love the colors and all the beautiful details!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful, Kelly! Love those papers.

Sarah said...

This is stunning! I esp LOVE the wheat you added,

Liz said...

AWESOME TAKE ON THE SKETCH LOV EIT

Beth aka BR-T said...

Kelly when Steph posted this on the US board it took my breath away! It did today as well! Beth

Linda said...

This is beautiful. I love the way the sketch looks as a page. Thanks for the great idea!