Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Playtime!

I got some new goodies in the mail the other day from Close To My Heart and had to play with this new stamp set! I just love the umbrella! I stamped the outline on the cream cardstock then again onto the DCWV matte stack DP, cut out and popped it up with 3D foam tape. Added lots of sprinkles to make it look like a rainy, wet umbrella- which works perfectly with the sentiment. Some days are just umbrella days, but we always come through them, even just a bit wet. This card is for the Color Throwdown Challenge #74 (blush, chocolate and orange: don't they work well together??) and for the Belli Challenge #82- GLITTER.
This card? Well, I am in need of some serious color. We have a cloudy day, snow in the forecast (if you look closely on the grill, you can see the little white specks of flurries we are having!) I am working on my NY resolution of using stash. Found these Debbie Mumm stickers which I bought to go with a matte stack that I found on clearance. So, goals this week include using these up until gone. How many cards can I make??? What ended up being cute is that the card can be used for a girls b'day or a valentines card. This card started with the sketch at Lord Have Mercy #55, fits the Just Stamp challenge: use new stuff, Our creative corner: simple and clean, and Crazy 4 Challenges #18: polka dot fun (the little beetle and the word "dotty" is repeated on the DP as well as my sentiment).

Have a great one and thanks for peeking into my world.....
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Holly said...

Your umbrella card is just too fun! Love that glittery umbrella! Thanks so much for playing in our Belli Challenge today!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Pretty cards, I love the subtle details!

Warmest greetings,

Renata

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

That umbrella card is way too cute!! Love the way you glittered it up! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

DeeDee said...

Wonderful card. So happy colors!
Thank you for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Hugs, Diana

Sarah said...

That umbrella is awesome!

dj said...

what a sweet card!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your pieced and glittered umbrella. Sweet colors, and just right for the Belli Challenge. thanks for playing.

Silke Ledlow said...

Both of your cards are beautiful!!! Love the sparkly umbrella on your first card :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Broni said...

Cute cards! I really love the umbrella card...that's great DP!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

Chrissy D said...

Love the sentiment on your card. The chunky glitter adds some fun to your card! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge

Unknown said...

kelly...these are so fun! great papers, sentiment treatments, and paper-piecing!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Fern said...

I love both cards the colors are so cute!! The umbrella one is too cute!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge.. :o)

Debbie said...

Love that sparkly umbrella.Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Belli Challenge Blog.

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh how I adore your umbrella card! Your use of our CTD colors is beautiful and fresh :)

Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again on Wednesday :)

Liz Williams said...

Love your pretty plaid umbrella. Great use of the glitter to make it look wet!! Thanks for playing long in the Belli Challenge!