Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringing in 2010





HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

At Unscripted this week, we are to think about our goals for the new year. One of my goals, which has been ongoing, is to use up the wonderful stash of every growing products that sit in my crafting area. I have a terrible impulse to purchase 'clearance' items- just because they are cheap, and they sit in a box. I have told myself that 2010 will find me hiding the credit card when I shop!

I would like to catch up on my scrapbooking as well. I wanted to create a layout a week, but that seems to go by the wayside when I sit and create. I tend to make cards as they are much faster to complete and I don't question myself in the process. So, part of my goals is to create a layout 2x a month (less pressure!LOL!) I really need to catch up on my photos (at least they are organized in the photo boxes...!)
NOW CLOSED
*Blog Candy Alert*
What are your goals for the new year? Leave me a comment about a goal you wish to achieve and you could be the lucky winner of "10" fun crafting things! Make sure you leave an email addie to reach you by in the comment section so I can get in touch with you! Winner will be chosen on Sunday (1/3) 8pm EST.

Now onto the blog hop:

Did you start at Unscripted Sketches? If not, start there. If you came to me by way of Jeryn, then head on over to Liz. Check out all of the designers- some are giving away some awesome blog candy!

25 comments:

Sweet Momiji said...

I have that bad habit also! I have waaaay to much stuff that I look at and have to ask myself, "WHY did I buy THAT???"
(Most of it was bought before getting married though, so I am getting a tad better! lol)
Have a great New Year! I have enjoyed working with you at US!
Hugs,
Hollie

Rhonda Miller said...

I plan to be more patient with my family and to make more "me" time to be able to relax.

Crystal said...

I have the same HORRIBLE and expensive habit and now I have so much "crap" I dont know what to do with it! I want to stay out of the stores that is the only thing that will help me. I also strive to be here TODAY more than yesterday or tomorrow.

rhonda said...

I TOO HAVE MORE STUFF THEN ANY ONE COULD POSSIBLY USE!MY RESOLUTION FOR THIS YEAR IS TO FOLLOW MY DREAMS AND BE TRUE TO MYSELF

jennydp26 said...

My goal for this year to to get 17 calendars made for my family for 2011. Its going to be a huge job but at least I have a year to finish! lol! Have a happy and healthy 2010!

jennydp26@gmail.com

dstandard said...

Great goals - my first and foremost is to clean out my scraproom - use or get rid of stuff I hoard.
Find a balance on keeping my house clean, work and scrapping

Marcy said...

Your goal of using your stash is great. I make that same resolution every time I walk into a craft store (which is everyday because I work at AC Moore). But, alas, it never lasts, so I sit with loads and loads and loads of supplies. It's an addiction. Good luck to you!!!!!
It's been a pleasure playing with you this year. I wish you a happy, peaceful and healthy 2010. Hugs,
Marcy

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

My goal is to go outside of my box with my crafts and see where it takes me.
I also love to make cards, but a friend challenged me last year to do 2 layouts a month to get caught up on all my pictures.

ILONA said...

Hi Kelly,

happy new year from germany....I will make more sports...;)

ILONA

Caro said...

I love your resolutions. You can see mine here

Sarah said...

That is SUCH a cute picture of you. I so need to organize !!!
Happy New Year Kelly..so glad you are on the US team.

Lea L. said...

I want to book 4 weddings this year....(I am a professional photographer who just finished school in October). Happy New Year!

♥Lea

Liz said...

I think we all do that but I think we are all getting smarter about it at least we acknowledge it. lol.
I am gonna use my stuff this year I swear I am.
Great picture
happy 2010

Rhonda said...

I'm working on being consistent with the small stuff!! it adds up!
Have a great 2010!

hampton4r@sbcglobal.net

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Happy New Year!
My bad habit is to buy anything craft... Some of them have never been opened :-) LOL X

SarahKaye said...

That is a great photo! Nice to see all these lovely faces- glad you posted it! Happy New Year!

Jenny in Maine said...

Sweet picture Kelly!! Happy 2010!!

Scrapenabler said...

Happy New Year

My goal is to scrap more and use my stash!

JPScraps said...

I'm still using up all the stuff I've bought over the years!

Linda said...

My goal is to be nicer to me and stop "Shoulding on Me." Everyone tells me I am to hard on myself so I am going to try and be nice to me. Wish me luck, at 57 it's hard to change. LOL
Happy New Year!

Ginny said...

My goal is to scrap more, I'd be happy if I could even hit 50 pages this year. I've been in a big slump lately.

Lori said...

Happy New Year! One goal this year is to stay more organized and to use what I've already bought and not to keep buying stuff!

Tasha Hickert said...

Love your picture! Your goals are great. I think all crafters have that problem with buying the clearance! Have to say I really don't have any set resolutions because I won't remember them anyway!

Not trying to win, just wanted to let you know I was here. Happy 2010!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Great NAME and blog!! Happy New Year!

Betty J Schaub said...

man that champaigne looks delicious!

I want to continue on my weight loss journey in 2010.