Sunday, July 12, 2009

wishing you....

Card Patterns offered up a bonus sketch this week. My sister, Kris, was the designer and I couldn't pass up on a little bit of sibling rivalry! This card was made with the intentions of preparation for a Christmas In July Card Buffet Workshop that I am hosting in just 2 short weeks. Made it a smaller size 3.5x5, hoping to make a little bit of paper go a long way! I used some misc paper that I was given (was really hoping to do more of a pink and ctirus green card, but couldn't find the exact color that I had in my head) and went with that as my color scheme. Tulip colored c/s from CTMH as well as the snowman stamp set and sentiments.

The snowflake pattern was a try at a new technique that Cuttlebug offered as a tutorial this past week. Take your embossing folder and ink it up. Lay your cardstock inside and run through the machine. Quickly, clean off your folder!!!! I tried a tone on tone, tulip ink on tulip c/s with the snowflake embossing folder. LOVE how it turned out! I am definitely trying this again with some of my other folders- great new look for some plain cardstock and it becomes customized to the project that I am working on!

Have a great Sunday-
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lea L. said...

Very cute card, and very cool technique! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

whoistracy said...

Oh you've just gotta love that sibling rivalry! Luckily I have a brother, not a sister, and he's not into crafting. So no rivalry for me there. LOL

That snowman is so cute. Love the shade of green on this card.

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Yay for Christmas cards!
The glitter in the snowman looks awesome! Luuuuvvvv it!

Karen said...

What a sweet card! Beautiful!!

Kristen Swain said...

awesome kelly! i love the colors and the embossing/stamping is fab! gonna have to try that!
great job on my sketch!
kris