Saturday, July 11, 2009

Coffeebella aka: grumpy bella

I like my coffee, but lately coffee doesn't like me. Too many tummy troubles lately, "burn baby burn" is becoming my motto!

I made a deal with my wonderful middle child yesterday, no more spending on my scrapping stuff until I sell off my stash or use it up. Gluttony was the word of the day in our house. So, I pulled out some old stamps that I haven't used, purchased on the spur of the moment (bellas were such the stamp of the moment) and decided to use it or pass it on. I think I will still pass this one on, she reminds too much of my love of hazelnut Dunkin Donuts coffee and how I must resist it (not to mention the migraines I get from it! LOL!)

I am getting such use out of these Sabrina papers by Making Memories! Love the sassiness of the pink and black together! I also found the small $1 stamps that I got from Michael's on sale for $0.50- purchased not knowing how to use it on a card, then BAM! Sassy stamp saying with sassy not-a-morning bella person- why not!?!?! Now I have a great card to pass on to a wonderful friend of mine!

With all of that said, this card was made for...... Day #133 on 365 Cards: Bubbles. When I first saw this, I thought "whaaaattt? Are they nuts? who is thinking of these crazy challenges this week (I still haven't done one with stitching, no how am I sewing....!)" But the more I thought of bubbles, my mind kept going to "word bubbles" like in comic books. So, all of this rambling on to get to the point of why I made this card the way I did. Bubbles inspired me to make a bubble saying for sassy girl. So take that challenge creator person on 365! (Can you tell I haven't had my caffeine today... I have become grumpy bella.......)

off to drink some herbal tea......................................................sigh.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kelly said...

This one is great! Love the palette, the papers, and your interpretation of "bubble"! Good job! [and good luck on the "coffee" thing--I never learned to drink it, but am surrounded by addicts, so I know it must be hard!]

Anonymous said...

Very cute you did a fabu job, just adorable!!!!

~amy~ said...

Okay, I was chuckling through your entire post :) I went through a spell when coffee wasn't liking me either...then I found out it was the milk/creamer..yup, lactose intolerant...so now I use soy milk or non-dairy creamer...okay, my grumpy bella...I love your card AND your creative take on the "bubble"....

Pam said...

Kelly, you are a hoot - thanks for the laughs, and I love your card!

Anonymous said...

Great card!