Saturday, April 4, 2009

Salad anyone!

Doesn't this salad look magazine worthy? I have never taken a photo of my dinner before, but just couldn't pass up this photo op seeing how pretty it looked after we assembled it..... oh my- makes me hungry now looking at it! Even the kids ate this (my picky one ate the steak not the greens....)

This salad is called Ginger Steak Salad and it was the easiest dinner to make. I found the recipe on Pioneer Woman (if you haven't checked out this site and read her Love Story to Marlboro Man, you must stop reading now, go find her on the web, read the story for the next 2 days and then come back to me!!!LOL!) Anyhooooooo...... I bought a London Broil steak for $4.81 at the store on sale (great price for around here) and it was super uber tender and juicy.

Ginger Steak Salad Recipe

marinade:
2 TBL soy sauce
1 TBL sherry
2 minced garlic cloves (I use the jar)
2 tsp brown sugar

1 rib eye or sirloin steak

mix all ingredients in a ziploc bag. place steak in bag. marinate for 30minutes to 2 hours

salad dressing:
2 TBL olive oil
2 TBL soy sauce
2 TBL white sugar
1 TBL lime juice
2 cloves garlic minced (jar, but less for me!)
1 TBL minced ginger, fresh (I used powdered)

whisk together.

Slice some green onions for a topper if you desire. Add 2 TBL olive oil to hot skillet. Add steak and cook for 1 1/2 minutes per side (if you like rare meat- I cooked my for about 4 minutes per side, and my meat was 1" thick). Remove steak from skillet and keep on plate to allow the juices to flow back into the meat.

Toss salad greens with 3/4 of dressing and put on a platter. Now, I added one cucumber diced, peeled and seeded. Slice meat on grain and mound on top of greens. Add tomatoes, if desired, and add rest of dressing. Sprinkle with green onions. Bon Appetite!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: