Monday, June 22, 2009

I'mmmmm Back! Let the games begin!





















Well, kids are finally out of school, everyone is better- no more flu bug, rain could be on its way out, and I am back to creating some cards! I was taking a much needed break and rejuvenating my mojo! Plus I actually read 4 books! The card I created for 2S4you Ultimate Showdown made it to the second round, competition got tough, and no, I didn't make it into the third round. sniff, sniff, sniff......

Today, I am picking up with a sketch from Card Patterns, #20, and love it! My sister, Kris, designed the sketch, so I am honored to create not 1, but 2 cards using it!

The first card is using the Basic Grey Wisteria line, LOVE this pack, and the stamped sentiment is from VERVE, Flowers- my first purchase from them (including the cupcake stamp on the next card.....) Miscellaneos ribbon, rhinestones and flowers.

The second card is using the same sketch, but used the color challenge on 365 CArds, #114 (monday 6/22) Lovin' Lavender! It is hard to see, but the oval cut out is on 3d foam, the main cupcake is also on 3d foam. I used the smaller cupcake image, the icing inked in Key Lime (CTMH ink), and the flower is all sparkly from Prisma Glitter (another CTMH product). The papers are from Kris, not sure the manufacturer.....
It turned out cute and am happy that I have another b'day card for my stash!!!

The tea party card workshop held this past weekend was a smashing success! The first 45 minutes were spent socializing with 3 new guests and we learned some new things about each other! I think everyone was pleased with the choices of card designs! It was a fun evening out, I have 3 new friends, and am brainstorming the next themed party!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful cards!! You really rocked your sister's sketch for BOTH of these!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards, such a great job, and congrats on getting to the 2nd round at 2S4U, that is fantastic.

Fi said...

Beautiful cards, great sketch by your sister, congrats on making it to the 2nd round at 2S4Y.
Hugs
Fi

~amy~ said...

super fun cards and I especially love the cupcake one!!

Sarah said...

BEautiful cards, both of them.

Tamaroo said...

Cool cards! Love the sentiment!

whoistracy said...

Kelly, adorable as always! Love the colors. Congrats on making it to round 2 of 2S4Y. Thanks for playing along again at CP!

Gloria Stengel said...

Both of the cards are fab. But I love the first one best! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards! Hope to see more of your work!