Friday, August 6, 2010

Back to the Beach- more cards




I couldn't resist playing with more of the scraps and beach shells that I had sitting on my craft table. I have a habit of using up the supplies on my table while they are out. What surprised me is how much "beach themed" items I had in my stash. Don't get me wrong, I love the beach, but we are not beach people. Our summers are not booked with trips to the shore and when we do go, it is for the day. Hubby does NOT enjoy the sand, kids don't know their limitations with the ocean, and the traffic makes the day very LONG. As a kid, every year my mother booked us a week in September after the "season" was over. The weather was perfect, the boardwalk still open, the prices dropped, oh the memories!

These are for the challenges: Curtain Call #41: desert sand, navy, light blue and white and for The ABC-challenge: A is for August and Cute Card Thursday #124 "Whateva" is the theme.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Two fabulous beach themed cards! This week's colours are perfect for them! Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Deb said...

beautiful! I love the beach theme, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you used a shell image as a subtle background for your sentiment. Nice, beachy cards.

Stacey Schafer said...

these are gorgeous, kelly! love them both...so perfect for the inspiration photo:) thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!