Thursday, July 8, 2010

More Christmas in July

Yes, I have officially cleaned off my table and put away all of the Christmas papers! Whew! Finished making the workshop samples and am looking forward to making some "vintage" cards. Have to say that my mojo took a beating this week. With this heat wave of 100+ temps, making cool cards took more of an effort. But, here are some cards that I designed for some blog challenges:



This card is for CARDS blog, to make a monochromatic project, as well as for TreeHouse Stamps blog (mono). I also took the sketch over at STamping411.blog. I decided to make a blush/wine colored card- a combo that I adore for winter. My sister gave me this stamp from TAC and the idea for this card. It is one for the workshop, I think the girls will LOVE! Used the technique of paper piecing for the scarf and hat (took patience cutting pieces this small!!!) Misc papers, bobunny word paper, misc button, twine, glitter, markers and CTMH HO HO HO set for Merry Christmas.

This card uses the sketch at CPS, sketch #174. The only change I made was to move the circle embellishment to the other side of the card. For some reason, the more I looked at the sentiment on the bottom left- it just made the right side off kilter. Moving it made more sense and complete. This is also another card for the workshop. Papers are CTMH and Cosmo Cricket.

And this card, came from the Get Sketchy challenge, #45. I am one of those people that haven't gotten on board with the coloring in. I prefer sentiment stamps. I guess less thinking about coloring matching and quite frankly- there are some PHENOM copic masters out there and I just don't want to compete! Those of you that do, I bow down to the floor to you. Wow, that just takes some serious patience to master the coloring and shading! Cosmo Cricket papers, ctmh stamp set, juniper ribbon- ctmh, MS snowflake punch, markers to color.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a lovely "cool" day!

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

These colors are so yummy together!! Thank you so much for playing along!

Kerin said...

They're all great cards...we've been sweltering here too, even if it's hot I love the cool look of your cards!

Ashley said...

OMGosh!! They are all so Cute!!! :) Thank you so much for playing in the Treehouse Challenge!!! :)

Hugs,
Ash-

Unknown said...

These are both fantastic! I hope you're doing well! :)

Virginia L. said...

SO fantastic! Love your monochromatic theme! So glad that you can join the fun with us at Treehouse!

Beth aka BR-T said...

These Christmas cards are fantastic I love all their different feels1 Beth

Neva said...

Kelly these are all fabulous. Love you take on the Monochrome challenge. Thank you for playing along with us at Treehouse Thursday Challenge. Hope to see you again and best of luck in the drawing.

Heidi-Mari said...

Hi Kelly
Congratulations on making the top 3 at SFTW!
Your card is stunning!
Hope to see you with our next challenge.
Have a blessed week
Heidi-Mari