Sunday, July 11, 2010

How many cards could a cardmaker make.....

if a cardmaker could make cards? 13. Yes, that is how many I made on a rainy weekend. I was bound a determined to use up a mat stack from DCWV that I purchased sometime last year. Used the stash of flowers, brads, twine and.... some stampable linen that I purchased from CTMH about 3 years ago. Love this stuff- makes its own statement and when you pull on the threads, you can make it look like a well worn garment label.


This card was made using the sketch over at Clean and Simple Stamping #98. Though my card is clean, simple it is not. I had to add the flowers, twine, leaves and brads to finish off my card.


This card is inspired by the sketch challenge at Get Sketchy #46. The base of the card is just a patterned piece of paper from the stack, added the scraps to make the top sentiment focal piece. Chocolate grosgrain and LOTS of gems finish off this card.


Hoot loves u? I have seen so many lovely banner cards I wanted to try my own. This used the sketch from Christmas Card challenges #31, Charisma Cardz #27 Watch the birdie, and 365 cards day #131 banners, and Paper sundaes #26, lots of layers.


And finally this card is for a dear friend of mine. Haven't seen her since school let out- between the 2 of us, our 6 kids keeps us running around to camps and the pool. Not much of a mommy social life during the summer! The bird stamp is from the dollar section of Mike's! What a bargain! Used the sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches #73, Charisma CArdz watch the birdie, and Stamp Challenges recipe: 1 image, 1 Designer paper and 1 ribbon (twine).

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Fabulous cards! Wow you are way ahead of me on cardmaking I wish I could make that many in such a short amount of time! Love your layered card & thanks for playing along with our Paper Sundaes Challenge this week :)

dstandard said...

Awesome cards! Love each of them!

Bananastamper said...

Wow, have you ever been busy! Fantastic cards! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Pam said...

Just one work of art after the other - well done!

Jackie said...

Wow, what a lovely selection of cards. Thanks for taing part in the ICS challenge this week :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Good for your for making so many cards and using that patterned paper stack. I bought the same stack last year as well because I loved almost all the prints. But once I got it home, I had a very hard time using it. I think part of it is that I don't like the texture and thickness of this stack. And the prints are so busy that you can't really pair it with anything else.

I also used a mushroom theme for my FTL98 card.

wendipooh13 said...

adorable banner for the 365 card challenge and LOVE all your fun cards!!!! WOW

Lisa said...

Kelly these are all so pretty! So clean and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Faye said...

Wow, what a wonderful selection of gorgeous cards. I particularly like the bunting card, it's very 'now'! Thank you so much for playing at Charisma with us! x

Unknown said...

Beautiful collection of cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! Hugs Jo xxx